Skip to main content

Post #6

My friend Remy and I plan on taking photos this Sunday for both of our magazines. However, that is five days from now. Today I decided to draw out a plan for what my magazine cover will look like...

I plan on having my mast head at the top of the magazine, with my model directly below it. My model will be wearing trendy clothing with recognizable brands on them, such as Hollister or Tommy Hilfiger. The model will be holding an article of clothing in each hand, both of them also being name brand, over a trash can. I would prefer than my model is a girl because girls tend to go shopping for clothes more, but if I can't find a girl model I would be fine with a guy.

My headline will have something to do with fast fashion, but I'm not sure what it will specifically say yet. Here are some possible headline and strapline combo ideas for my magazine...

1) The Hidden Cost of Fashion
     And It's Hidden Effects On You

2) The Fast Effect of Fast Fashion
     It's Quicker Than You Think

3) The Terrible Trend of Today: Fast Fashion
    Staring Your Wardrobe

Personally, I like the third one the best, but I'm still experimenting with headlines and strap lines. As for cover lines, I would like to have three. In my cover page, I hope to incorporate a lot of green into it to help convey the message that this magazine is about the environment, but at the same time, I also want to incorporate pops of color that will draw my intended teenage audience in. I'm thinking about making my main background for the photo shoot either in the environment or in a mall or clothing store, with additional pops of colors in the buzzwords featured in my puffs. Tomorrow, I'm going to draw out some cover ideas to get a sense of what magazine cover would best suit my magazine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #10

The following pictures were taken for my main article picture... For my main article I wanted to have my model, Alexa, laying down on the ground with clothes and/or shopping bags surrounding her. This would help convey the idea that the clothes from major teen fashion industries is hurting their consumers; teens. I also made sure that the clothing and shopping bags were colorful so that the magazine would draw in and appeal to teens, our intended audience. Taking the photo on the grass, again, helped bring a pop of color to the magazine but also help connect the cover picture with my main article, considering that both of the pictures were taken outside. Out of all the photos, I feel that the one to the bottom left looks the most appealing because the photo is the most filled with shopping bags and clothing. Having more clothing and shopping bags taking up the frame helps intensify the overwhelming feeling of them around Alexa. Empty spacing is not needed anyways becaus...

Post #29

The final part of the final part of creating this magazine was to put together the fourth page. I decided to put my article title at the top of my page in the font Abril Fatface because the same font was used to describe the same article in the headline on the magazine cover. To add a little pop of color, I went along with the same idea used on my third page and put the title over a green rectangle for contrast. For my article text, I decided to divide the text into two columns with a divider in between them, as three or more would leave little space for even a couple of words. The font I used for the text was Kollektif because it matches the text I used in the table of contents. I keep trying to use the same group of fonts so that my magazine does not look all over the place. When placing the article text from my previous blog into my article on Canva, I encountered something I was expecting, my article was too long. I first decided to remove the section in the article about Nike...

Post #24

To conduct the interview, I first needed to come up with questions to ask Alexa. However, I had to take into account that teens do not have a long attention span, so having too many questions and responses in the article may bore them. Eventually, I came up with four concise questions to ask her... 1: What exactly is fast fashion? I chose to ask this first because not only does it lead into the topic I am discussing in my article, but it will also show how much Alexa truly knows about fast fashion. 2: Where do you normally shop for clothes? Since many teens normally shop for clothes in the mall or at outlets, I want to bring this question up to explain to the audience how where they shop directly impacts the environment. 3: Did you know that...? With this question, I wanted to pull up some statistics about fast fashion to get a reaction from not only her, but the audience as well. With this question in particular, I looked up "the effects of fast fashion" and based m...