Skip to main content

Post #24

To conduct the interview, I first needed to come up with questions to ask Alexa. However, I had to take into account that teens do not have a long attention span, so having too many questions and responses in the article may bore them. Eventually, I came up with four concise questions to ask her...

1: What exactly is fast fashion?
I chose to ask this first because not only does it lead into the topic I am discussing in my article, but it will also show how much Alexa truly knows about fast fashion.

2: Where do you normally shop for clothes?
Since many teens normally shop for clothes in the mall or at outlets, I want to bring this question up to explain to the audience how where they shop directly impacts the environment.

3: Did you know that...?
With this question, I wanted to pull up some statistics about fast fashion to get a reaction from not only her, but the audience as well. With this question in particular, I looked up "the effects of fast fashion" and based my statistics off an article published by Business Insider, and checked the information on there with other websites. The statistics I will use are...
-the average American throws 81 pounds of clothing annually (13 million tons total)
-textiles make up a total of 9 percent of all trash in the U.S.
-clothing that is donated or bought by thrift stores may end up in the trash
-fast fashion makes up 10 percent of all carbon emissions globally
-fast fashion is the second largest consumer of the worlds largest consumer of the world's water supply
-it is common for waste from fast fashion to be dumped in rivers or in landfills

4: What do you think can be done to further educate the public about fast fashion?
I asked this question to indirectly tell the reader the options on how to spread the word on fast fashion. When Alexa responds with her answers, I will introduce these options.

Comments