Skip to main content

Post #8

Tomorrow and Sunday, the plan is to go out with my group mate Remy and take photos for our cover page and main article. I have an picture idea for my cover page, but I need to think of a picture for my main article. We plan on taking the photos for my article and cover page. The setting will either be at the mall or at her house in her backyard. I feel that the mall is a good place to take photos because a lot of teen stores are in there and many of the stores in the mall are contributors to fast fashion, including Zara and H&M. However, I feel that taking the pictures at her house is better because it's more convenient for Remy and her backyard has greenery, so it will incorporate more colors into my cover and article. Having color is important to my magazine because our main audience are teens and they tend not to read a lot about the environmental impacts of most fashion stores, so having a colorful, trendy magazine color will be more likely to make them want to read it. Here are the two potential areas that will be used to shoot my photos for my cover and main article...


The first picture features a fence with trees in the background, while the second one features an open field. I plan to utilize both backgrounds; the former being for my cover page and the latter for my article picture. In a previous post I explained my plan for the picture on the cover page, but I have not yet explained my plans for the article picture. For my article picture, I plan for my model, Alexa, to lay down in the open field. Her arms and legs will be apart, while either shopping bags or clothes will be around her. I think this will be a good picture for my main article because it shows the shopping bags or clothes surrounding her, which creates a visual representation of how much clothes fashion companies pump out. This then correlates to how much waste can be produced when consumers decide to get rid of all their clothing. Some of the stuff I plan on talking about in my article will depend on how the picture turns out. Therefore, I will plan out my article after I take my pictures just in case things don't go as planned.

Comments