Skip to main content

Post #20

The final step of creating my table of contents is to take a picture for it. I plan on putting it at the top because my slogan pops out a little at the bottom and I think it would look more cluttered if the picture was right next to the slogan. At the top, however, there is plenty of space for both a decent sized picture and a description. For my picture, I plan on basing it off of one of my articles in the table of contents, other than my main article. I ended up choosing the article called "Here's why H&M is #Cancelled" because I have shopping bags from H&M at home I can use for props, so it would be convenient for me to take the photo. For my model, I am going to use my brother, Morgan. He is fourteen years old, but, unlike a lot of fourteen year olds, looks like he is sixteen because of his height. I am going to use him as my model because he lives with me so it would be easy to set up the photo shoot and he already knows how to style his clothing so finding clothes to represent the teenage concept will not be a problem.



For the location of the photo shoot, I would like it to be in my backyard because, in reality, my backyard is a golf course and there is a bunch of beautiful greenery that will enhance the photo. Morgan will be dressed in generic clothing with no logos visible to help enforce the idea that he is against fast fashion. Like Alexa, he will have a serious look on his face, and he will be holding up an H&M bag to the camera. The shot type will be a medium close-up and taken at a low angle to show mainly the bag, but also include my brother holding it to show his view on the bag through his facial expression. The emphasis on the bag helps connect the photo with the article it is based on.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #10

The following pictures were taken for my main article picture... For my main article I wanted to have my model, Alexa, laying down on the ground with clothes and/or shopping bags surrounding her. This would help convey the idea that the clothes from major teen fashion industries is hurting their consumers; teens. I also made sure that the clothing and shopping bags were colorful so that the magazine would draw in and appeal to teens, our intended audience. Taking the photo on the grass, again, helped bring a pop of color to the magazine but also help connect the cover picture with my main article, considering that both of the pictures were taken outside. Out of all the photos, I feel that the one to the bottom left looks the most appealing because the photo is the most filled with shopping bags and clothing. Having more clothing and shopping bags taking up the frame helps intensify the overwhelming feeling of them around Alexa. Empty spacing is not needed anyways becaus...

Post #29

The final part of the final part of creating this magazine was to put together the fourth page. I decided to put my article title at the top of my page in the font Abril Fatface because the same font was used to describe the same article in the headline on the magazine cover. To add a little pop of color, I went along with the same idea used on my third page and put the title over a green rectangle for contrast. For my article text, I decided to divide the text into two columns with a divider in between them, as three or more would leave little space for even a couple of words. The font I used for the text was Kollektif because it matches the text I used in the table of contents. I keep trying to use the same group of fonts so that my magazine does not look all over the place. When placing the article text from my previous blog into my article on Canva, I encountered something I was expecting, my article was too long. I first decided to remove the section in the article about Nike...

Post #24

To conduct the interview, I first needed to come up with questions to ask Alexa. However, I had to take into account that teens do not have a long attention span, so having too many questions and responses in the article may bore them. Eventually, I came up with four concise questions to ask her... 1: What exactly is fast fashion? I chose to ask this first because not only does it lead into the topic I am discussing in my article, but it will also show how much Alexa truly knows about fast fashion. 2: Where do you normally shop for clothes? Since many teens normally shop for clothes in the mall or at outlets, I want to bring this question up to explain to the audience how where they shop directly impacts the environment. 3: Did you know that...? With this question, I wanted to pull up some statistics about fast fashion to get a reaction from not only her, but the audience as well. With this question in particular, I looked up "the effects of fast fashion" and based m...