Skip to main content

Post #21




Above are some of the pictures I took today. When doing this photo shoot, I wanted to experiment a little with the lighting. I first tried to shoot photos with my model facing away from the sun to see how it would look. The results turned out better than I thought; the audience could be able to clearly see the H&M logo and the background looked beautiful. However, the model's face was not visible, and I wanted to get his serious facial expression visible. Without it, the audience may get the misleading message that the article is about the good side of H&M due to the beautiful background.

 The next set of photos were taken with the model facing the sunset. The pictures turned out good too; the H&M logo was visible (obviously) and I was still able to incorporate some sort of element of nature in my photo (the trees), which goes along with my theme of the environment in my magazine. Out of the three bottom photos, I decided to choose the last one because my model looked the most serious in it. Additionally, it would fit the best in my table of contents because the photo has the least distance between the top of my model's head to the bottom of the H&M logo on the bag, leaving more room for my table of contents and therefore making my magazine look cleaner. 

After selecting my photo, the last thing I had to do for my table of contents was to caption the photo. When making a caption for the photo, I needed to keep in mind what my article would be about. Since it is called "Here's Why H&M is #Cancelled", it would probably be safe to assume it's about H&M's harmful business practices. I decided to look up information about H&M's environmental impact, and using the source goodonyou.eco, I found a report that talks about how H&M impacts people, animals, and the planet. I specifically found information about H&M using harmful chemicals in their clothing and treating their workers badly by both not paying them enough and using child labor. I chose to use this information in my caption to shock the audience and make them want to know more about what one of the most popular clothing brands is doing wrong. The caption I came up with is "How H&M is linked to child labor and pollution!" 

Now that I have my caption done, I am officially finished with my table of contents. Here is what the finished product looks like:









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #10

The following pictures were taken for my main article picture... For my main article I wanted to have my model, Alexa, laying down on the ground with clothes and/or shopping bags surrounding her. This would help convey the idea that the clothes from major teen fashion industries is hurting their consumers; teens. I also made sure that the clothing and shopping bags were colorful so that the magazine would draw in and appeal to teens, our intended audience. Taking the photo on the grass, again, helped bring a pop of color to the magazine but also help connect the cover picture with my main article, considering that both of the pictures were taken outside. Out of all the photos, I feel that the one to the bottom left looks the most appealing because the photo is the most filled with shopping bags and clothing. Having more clothing and shopping bags taking up the frame helps intensify the overwhelming feeling of them around Alexa. Empty spacing is not needed anyways becaus...

Post #29

The final part of the final part of creating this magazine was to put together the fourth page. I decided to put my article title at the top of my page in the font Abril Fatface because the same font was used to describe the same article in the headline on the magazine cover. To add a little pop of color, I went along with the same idea used on my third page and put the title over a green rectangle for contrast. For my article text, I decided to divide the text into two columns with a divider in between them, as three or more would leave little space for even a couple of words. The font I used for the text was Kollektif because it matches the text I used in the table of contents. I keep trying to use the same group of fonts so that my magazine does not look all over the place. When placing the article text from my previous blog into my article on Canva, I encountered something I was expecting, my article was too long. I first decided to remove the section in the article about Nike...

Post #24

To conduct the interview, I first needed to come up with questions to ask Alexa. However, I had to take into account that teens do not have a long attention span, so having too many questions and responses in the article may bore them. Eventually, I came up with four concise questions to ask her... 1: What exactly is fast fashion? I chose to ask this first because not only does it lead into the topic I am discussing in my article, but it will also show how much Alexa truly knows about fast fashion. 2: Where do you normally shop for clothes? Since many teens normally shop for clothes in the mall or at outlets, I want to bring this question up to explain to the audience how where they shop directly impacts the environment. 3: Did you know that...? With this question, I wanted to pull up some statistics about fast fashion to get a reaction from not only her, but the audience as well. With this question in particular, I looked up "the effects of fast fashion" and based m...