Skip to main content

Post #21




Above are some of the pictures I took today. When doing this photo shoot, I wanted to experiment a little with the lighting. I first tried to shoot photos with my model facing away from the sun to see how it would look. The results turned out better than I thought; the audience could be able to clearly see the H&M logo and the background looked beautiful. However, the model's face was not visible, and I wanted to get his serious facial expression visible. Without it, the audience may get the misleading message that the article is about the good side of H&M due to the beautiful background.

 The next set of photos were taken with the model facing the sunset. The pictures turned out good too; the H&M logo was visible (obviously) and I was still able to incorporate some sort of element of nature in my photo (the trees), which goes along with my theme of the environment in my magazine. Out of the three bottom photos, I decided to choose the last one because my model looked the most serious in it. Additionally, it would fit the best in my table of contents because the photo has the least distance between the top of my model's head to the bottom of the H&M logo on the bag, leaving more room for my table of contents and therefore making my magazine look cleaner. 

After selecting my photo, the last thing I had to do for my table of contents was to caption the photo. When making a caption for the photo, I needed to keep in mind what my article would be about. Since it is called "Here's Why H&M is #Cancelled", it would probably be safe to assume it's about H&M's harmful business practices. I decided to look up information about H&M's environmental impact, and using the source goodonyou.eco, I found a report that talks about how H&M impacts people, animals, and the planet. I specifically found information about H&M using harmful chemicals in their clothing and treating their workers badly by both not paying them enough and using child labor. I chose to use this information in my caption to shock the audience and make them want to know more about what one of the most popular clothing brands is doing wrong. The caption I came up with is "How H&M is linked to child labor and pollution!" 

Now that I have my caption done, I am officially finished with my table of contents. Here is what the finished product looks like:









Comments