Skip to main content

Post #22

I am now at the final part of creating my magazine; my article. Today I am going to plan out what my article's format will look like. In order to do so, I first need to look at a couple teen magazine articles in order to get an idea of the common themes in their articles. However, I went to my local Walmart, and found no teen fashion magazines, so I decided to search the web instead. I went to Teen Vogue's website and browsed through one of their articles on fashion. Here's what I came across:


Although the article seemed long at first, it turned out that it mostly consisted of pictures. The amount of real text totaled up to only five paragraphs. Before the article title, there was a huge photo of the topic. After the title, the paragraphs just explained about the campaign video and the model's opinions on it.

I explained my findings to the group and we all decided that we only needed one or two common things that would connect all of our articles. We want it this way to distinguish each edition of the magazine from each other and make it our own "piece of art". The first common element seen throughout each of my our magazines is the page number located in the bottom left corner of the page. However, it will also have our magazine brand name next to it and will be bold, as shown below:

The second element connecting all of the editions of our magazine articles is located at the start of the article. The first few words of our article will be bold in order to help the readers find where the article starts.

Comments