Skip to main content

Post #29

The final part of the final part of creating this magazine was to put together the fourth page. I decided to put my article title at the top of my page in the font Abril Fatface because the same font was used to describe the same article in the headline on the magazine cover. To add a little pop of color, I went along with the same idea used on my third page and put the title over a green rectangle for contrast. For my article text, I decided to divide the text into two columns with a divider in between them, as three or more would leave little space for even a couple of words. The font I used for the text was Kollektif because it matches the text I used in the table of contents. I keep trying to use the same group of fonts so that my magazine does not look all over the place.


When placing the article text from my previous blog into my article on Canva, I encountered something I was expecting, my article was too long. I first decided to remove the section in the article about Nike and their transparency, but the article still was way too long to fit onto one page. I put everything I wanted to into the article already, and I did not want to get rid of anything else from it because I planned it out already. So, rather than taking away even more text, I made the article two pages instead of one. As for the picture and caption, I put it after the second to last paragraph because the second to last paragraph talks about the effects of fast fashion on the environment, so that when the audience sees that pile of clothes, they will see it differently.

Some final changes I made to the article was that I made both columns 3.8 wide. I also added "~Alessandra Watkins" after the end of the article because I was the author. I put the text in the font Abril Fatface to connect it to the title of the article. I also added the page numbers to both articles, keeping in mind of what the article's page number was on the table of contents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #10

The following pictures were taken for my main article picture... For my main article I wanted to have my model, Alexa, laying down on the ground with clothes and/or shopping bags surrounding her. This would help convey the idea that the clothes from major teen fashion industries is hurting their consumers; teens. I also made sure that the clothing and shopping bags were colorful so that the magazine would draw in and appeal to teens, our intended audience. Taking the photo on the grass, again, helped bring a pop of color to the magazine but also help connect the cover picture with my main article, considering that both of the pictures were taken outside. Out of all the photos, I feel that the one to the bottom left looks the most appealing because the photo is the most filled with shopping bags and clothing. Having more clothing and shopping bags taking up the frame helps intensify the overwhelming feeling of them around Alexa. Empty spacing is not needed anyways becaus...

Post #24

To conduct the interview, I first needed to come up with questions to ask Alexa. However, I had to take into account that teens do not have a long attention span, so having too many questions and responses in the article may bore them. Eventually, I came up with four concise questions to ask her... 1: What exactly is fast fashion? I chose to ask this first because not only does it lead into the topic I am discussing in my article, but it will also show how much Alexa truly knows about fast fashion. 2: Where do you normally shop for clothes? Since many teens normally shop for clothes in the mall or at outlets, I want to bring this question up to explain to the audience how where they shop directly impacts the environment. 3: Did you know that...? With this question, I wanted to pull up some statistics about fast fashion to get a reaction from not only her, but the audience as well. With this question in particular, I looked up "the effects of fast fashion" and based m...