Skip to main content

Post #25

With my questions ready, I interviewed her later that day. Everything went smooth and she did a great job at going in depth with her answers. The only thing with the questions that I really changed was the order in which I asked the questions. I asked question two before question one because I felt that the question " where do you shop for clothes" was more of a ice breaker for the interview.




When asking her where she shops for clothes, she did mention the brands Pacsun, Urban Outfitters and Nike. I planned on taking at least one of these stores and explaining their specific impact on the environment, since I knew that all of these three brands contribute to fast fashion. I decided to choose Nike because it is popular all over the world and specifically teens find nike shoes and jackets trendy nowadays. According to purpose.nike.com, Nike talks about how their environmentally friendly business practices. They made claims such as...

- 75% of energy used in their facilities were from renewable resources
-99.9% of their waste from making shoes was either recycled or converted into energy
-32 billion gallons of water was "saved" with their usage of sustainable cotton

However, the website goodforyou.eco mentions that Nike scored a 36 out of 100 on the 2017 Fashion Transparency Index, which means that the company does not make a lot it's environmental practices public. This may indicate that Nike may be less eco-friendly then it claims. I plan on using this information to show my audience that just because a company has what they call "sustainable practice", does not mean that they are telling the consumers everything and that reducing the amount of waste they produce does not mean that they are completely safe for the environment.

Comments