Skip to main content

Post #28

The very last part of creating my magazine is to assemble the third and fourth page together. I am first going to put together the third page. Considering that there are a lot of pictures in teen fashion magazines, I wanted to start my article off with a picture. In fact, I wanted the picture to take up an entire page to kind of show that a new article is coming up. A long time, during the photo shoot with Alexa, we took a photo for the main article as well. That is the photo I planned on using for this page. Here is what it looks like:


However, I do not want just a plain photo to take up an entire page. I want this page to introduce the reader to the new article, so I wanted to incorporate something into it to tie it to the article. Considering that my actual article is really long, I came up with the idea to introduce the audience to Alexa on this page, rather than take up an entire paragraph in my article to explain about her. Although there is little space in this photo, I decided to put text in the upper right hand corner saying "Alexa, 17". This is to show the audience who Alexa is and that she is a normal teen just like pretty much everyone else in the magazine. Since the grass is on the darker side of green in this photo and the text I used was black, I decided to contrast the black by putting a red rectangle behind the text, making it more visible to the reader. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #10

The following pictures were taken for my main article picture... For my main article I wanted to have my model, Alexa, laying down on the ground with clothes and/or shopping bags surrounding her. This would help convey the idea that the clothes from major teen fashion industries is hurting their consumers; teens. I also made sure that the clothing and shopping bags were colorful so that the magazine would draw in and appeal to teens, our intended audience. Taking the photo on the grass, again, helped bring a pop of color to the magazine but also help connect the cover picture with my main article, considering that both of the pictures were taken outside. Out of all the photos, I feel that the one to the bottom left looks the most appealing because the photo is the most filled with shopping bags and clothing. Having more clothing and shopping bags taking up the frame helps intensify the overwhelming feeling of them around Alexa. Empty spacing is not needed anyways becaus...

Post #29

The final part of the final part of creating this magazine was to put together the fourth page. I decided to put my article title at the top of my page in the font Abril Fatface because the same font was used to describe the same article in the headline on the magazine cover. To add a little pop of color, I went along with the same idea used on my third page and put the title over a green rectangle for contrast. For my article text, I decided to divide the text into two columns with a divider in between them, as three or more would leave little space for even a couple of words. The font I used for the text was Kollektif because it matches the text I used in the table of contents. I keep trying to use the same group of fonts so that my magazine does not look all over the place. When placing the article text from my previous blog into my article on Canva, I encountered something I was expecting, my article was too long. I first decided to remove the section in the article about Nike...

Post #24

To conduct the interview, I first needed to come up with questions to ask Alexa. However, I had to take into account that teens do not have a long attention span, so having too many questions and responses in the article may bore them. Eventually, I came up with four concise questions to ask her... 1: What exactly is fast fashion? I chose to ask this first because not only does it lead into the topic I am discussing in my article, but it will also show how much Alexa truly knows about fast fashion. 2: Where do you normally shop for clothes? Since many teens normally shop for clothes in the mall or at outlets, I want to bring this question up to explain to the audience how where they shop directly impacts the environment. 3: Did you know that...? With this question, I wanted to pull up some statistics about fast fashion to get a reaction from not only her, but the audience as well. With this question in particular, I looked up "the effects of fast fashion" and based m...