Skip to main content

Post #28

The very last part of creating my magazine is to assemble the third and fourth page together. I am first going to put together the third page. Considering that there are a lot of pictures in teen fashion magazines, I wanted to start my article off with a picture. In fact, I wanted the picture to take up an entire page to kind of show that a new article is coming up. A long time, during the photo shoot with Alexa, we took a photo for the main article as well. That is the photo I planned on using for this page. Here is what it looks like:


However, I do not want just a plain photo to take up an entire page. I want this page to introduce the reader to the new article, so I wanted to incorporate something into it to tie it to the article. Considering that my actual article is really long, I came up with the idea to introduce the audience to Alexa on this page, rather than take up an entire paragraph in my article to explain about her. Although there is little space in this photo, I decided to put text in the upper right hand corner saying "Alexa, 17". This is to show the audience who Alexa is and that she is a normal teen just like pretty much everyone else in the magazine. Since the grass is on the darker side of green in this photo and the text I used was black, I decided to contrast the black by putting a red rectangle behind the text, making it more visible to the reader. 

Comments